Training & Self Defense Courses
HELPFUL PARTY TIPS
Before the Party:
Peer pressure exists.
· Plan ahead what you can say or do if you are in an uncomfortable situation.
· Try to plan events that focus on something besides alcohol.
Use the BUDDY SYSTEM.
· Go to the party with friends and make a pact to leave together.
· Look out for each other.
· Select a DESIGNATED DRIVER before the party.
During the Party:
Trust your instincts.
· Speak up if you feel uncomfortable.
· Don't be afraid to make a scene.
· Observe your environment.
· Know your limits and communicate them clearly.
· E.S.P. doesn't work. You must tell someone what you want.
Think Before You Drink.
· Know what's in your drink.
· Avoid "everything goes" punch.
· Beware of liquor courage.
· When alcohol and drugs are involved, a person is more vulnerable to be a victim or commit acquaintance rape.
After the Party:
· Protect yourself. Protect others.
· Never let friends drive after they have been drinking. Help them find a safe ride home.
Think about the party.
· Are there parts that you don't remember? Are friends filling in the details? Take an honest look at your own drinking behavior.
· If you had a "close call," educate yourself. Get help. Learn healthy behaviors and attitude.